Can you believe it’s October already?! For us here at Reign Studio October means breast cancer awareness month. 10% of all sales profits this month will be donated to this excellent cause. But we wanted to go one step further... so as well as raising money we will also be raising awareness by sharing very important and practical advice around how you can check your boobs 😀.
It is recommended we check our breasts for changes or lumps once a month but how many of us actually do this? We want to encourage all ladies to make it a part of their regular routine...and remember if checking your breast seems a little labour intensive you can always enlist the help of your partner to make it a fun time 😉. There’s a good chance they know your boobs better than you do!
So ladies here’s a quick guide to checking your breasts! First, start by getting to know them! If you don’t look at them from various angles, touch and massage them how will you know if they feel different? Spend some time today making friends with your boobs. Once you’ve done that here’s what the NHS says you need to be looking out for:
• A change in the size, outline, or shape of your breasts.
• A change in the look or feel of your skin, such as puckering or dimpling.
• A new lump, thickening or bumpy area in one breast or armpit that is different from the same area on the other side.
• Nipple discharge that's not milky.
• Bleeding from your nipple.
• A moist, red area on your nipple that doesn't heal easily.
• Any change in nipple position, such as your nipple being pulled in or pointing differently.
• A rash on or around your nipple.
• Any discomfort or pain in one breast, particularly if it's new pain and doesn't go away (although pain is only a symptom of breast cancer in rare cases).
If you find any of these or are worried at all go see your doctor! I know it can be scary but catching these things early is key and most likely will be nothing to worry about. It’s always better to know for sure 👍💜.